Kazidomi was launched in 2016 by a Solvay graduate and an alumnus from HEC Paris and MIT who worked at McKinsey before starting the business.
It intends to be the first socially conscious online retailer in Europe. Indeed, the team is on a mission to make healthy living affordable to anyone, including the low-income families or the households from rural areas. With Kazidomi, living with a healthy lifestyle will become a piece of cake. The sustainable e-commerce is on the rise and has no intention to stop its fast-paced growth. You can see Kazidomi like a shopping club online for conscious consumers.
Kazidomi offers a membership-based service (100€ per year) that gives customers exclusive access to products at 20-50% discount compared to normal prices, therefore making money on the membership rather than on products themselves. The most exciting thing in Kazidomi is its hyper-scalable potential, as much as its fully integrated social mission. It is selling more than 2,000 non-perishables products ranging from olive oil to organic toothpaste (the catalogue is limited to a few top brands in each category thoroughly selected among the best with the help of health experts).
Kazidomi is also working on its private label products to improve their product portfolio even more when branded products are not available in the best quality or do not have the right margins to make savings possible for customers.
The company is scaling rapidly in Belgium and abroad (including France, The Netherlands, Switzerland, the UK and Germany), closing a €500k seed funding round in March 2018 (equity&debt) and accelerating growth constantly since its inception. About 10 people already work for Kazidomi and we are now looking for a head of finance to support the CEO in the daily management of the company. This person is expected to bring strong business expertise and to help us grow Kazidomi to the next level. Main tasks will include:
1. Financials management:
- Cash management and fund raising
- Relationship with investors and banks
- Long term planning and strategy design hand in hand with CEO and CMO
- KPI reviews, target setting and optimization of day to day business
3. Team and project management:
- Internal functioning optimization/professionalization
- External stakeholders’ management (negotiations with suppliers with support of our product manager, IT and digital services coordination, etc.)
4. Company representation:
- Regular opportunities for public speaking (incl. press/events/etc.)
- Strategic partnerships negotiation
Among others, the required skills and experience are:
- Very good excel skills and strong analytical background
- Strong business mindset with professional experience and quantitative degree (i.e., business/civil engineering, finance, etc.)
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English
- Team player, with leadership skills and ability to challenge the team
- Professional, hard-working, ambitious and committed to his or her goals
What you can expect:
- High levels of responsibility and exposure to critical decision making and learning
- Being part of a fun and dedicated team ready to challenge the retail sector
- A decent offer (incl. stock options, car leasing if needed, mobile phone contract, etc.) with opportunities to grow